Working with parents to find appropriate solutions to ensure a safe and happy environment where children thrive and learn
Since September 2009, we have been lucky to have the services of a Parent Support Advisor at Wimbledon Chase.
Mrs Dotchin is our Parent Support Adviser. She has worked at the school for 10 years and is a parent herself. She is here to support your child to get the very best from school by providing guidance and a listening ear. Mrs Dotchin will be able to help you with any worries you may have about your child, and provide advice.
What does our Parent Support Adviser do?
Mrs Dotchin helps support parents and carers in their demanding role. She does this by:
- working with parents and carers to try to help with issues around their children’s wellbeing in school,
- helping parents and carers with other parenting issues,
- working with parents and carers to try to make sure that children are getting the most out of school and are safe and happy.
You may feel that you just want to have a relaxed chat over a cup of coffee with someone that understands the pressures on Parents and Carers today.
How does our Parent Support Adviser do this?
- offering one to one support
- listening to parents/carers and giving confidential support and guidance
- providing information about other relevant services
- helping parents with any attendance issues
- facilitating relevant workshops and coffee mornings
Why might you need to use our Parent Support Advisor?
My child is having difficulties settling into school…My child is anxious about school…My child’s behaviour is getting out of hand…I have got lots of questions about being a parent…I am worried about my child going to high school…I just need someone I can talk to…I’m really worried about my son/daughter’s self-esteem…I would like to know who else I can talk to about my situation….
How do I contact the Parent Support Advisor?
Mrs Dotchin can be contacted by phoning the school (0208 542 1413) or via e-mail email@example.com
Alternatively, she can be found in the main playground before 9.00am and after 3.15pm daily or you can ask for her at the Main Office. If Mrs Dotchin is available she will be more than happy to meet you.